Thursday 14 March 2013

a view out my window this morning

I got up this morning and looked out the window to the south to check out the mountains (as I do almost every day of the many years that I have lived in this house).

Today the skies were clearing from months of rain and storms.

There was even a hot air balloon in this sky above the old wetlands (now a swank housing estate that I hate).

Somehow it made me feel good, to wake with the sunshine in my window and see some beauty in the world.

I love sailboats (smaller ones in particular) an somehow the silence of flight that hot air balloons afford attracts me for the same reason I love sailing (well ok, they make a lot of noise when the gas burns that's for sure).

The textures of the sky and the clouds were as always delicious.

I love these mountains and will always regard them as my home. Some images from there (taken over my years of hiking there)



No comments: