Friday 13 January 2012

walking back streets of India

India can be a fascinating place, full of extremes

Walking the back streets of a town I was working / living in I was often struck by the things I saw



which was nice, but clearly (from the smell) few can read (or choose to). I heard this morning that India is doing very well in the eradication of Polio. That's great news and deserves applause. Perhaps they could focus on public sanitation next? Well with that population its going to be hard.

On a trip up the mountains nearby to see some temples I was struck by this interesting door. It seemed to beg one to open and look at what lay beyond the portal



but behind lay only ruins (and that smell)



well, and the vista of the beautiful lands at the foot of the mountains.

No comments: