Friday 5 February 2010

muh local ski track

I was chatting on the phone today with someone back home about the local ski conditions, so I promised to put together something to describe a little of this.

This is more or less the start of the track ...



which is in an urban area ... as you can see here ...



The snow here is quite different to Australian snow (as I understand it, haven't seen much snow back in Oz)



Anyway, lets head out onto the track and you can have a look around...




the heavy breathing is of course because I just skiied UP that where the ladies are coming along ...

The view from the top of one of the down hills ...


but as I needed my hands for that one I had to stop there ... the next ones are easier so we'll get some better footage ...



after this hill, its off back to the the track entry. Also, you can see the cuts in the track where other people are doing "skating" style skiing (like you see mainly in the biathlons and stuff ... the grooves are for "classic" ... but as I wanted to balance while I was skiing and shooting I picked skating (and its easier down hill than up).



I've skipped the boring bits, the track is about 4km long and has quite a few long slow uphills which I've missed out from this.

hope it was fun

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its seems like you go for a ski like those fit Aussies would go for a run around the block. Its just such a different (and very beautiful) world to what we have here. Thanks for the tour. It was fun.